Monday, November 22, 2010

Lights, Camera...Auction!!

Last March, I was asked if I would like to be on the Junior League's Christmas Magic Steering Committee and co-chair the Auction. Of course, I said yes...not knowing what I was getting myself into. How hard can it be to chair an auction??  

So, my co-chair, Kim, and I started working last April and we have not stopped. But....all of our hard work paid off on November 13. We had a tremendous turnout (over 250 people) and raised over $53,000 -- a Christmas Magic Auction record!! The whole event turned out better than I could have ever imagined! I have to give so much credit to my co-chair, Kim McClellan. She had such a vision for the event and together we made it happen. We really were a great team. Thanks Kim!!


Beautiful decorations made by the awesome decorating committee

Me and Kim


Our wonderful sustainers who helped us along the way

Kim's and DeAndra's husbands...So Funny!! What troopers they were!     


Me and Jesse

Caleb and Jen

Chris and Amanda

Thank you to my friends for giving in and coming to the auction :)

No comments:

Post a Comment