With Thanksgiving almost here, it is definitely a time to reflect on all the things that we have to be thankful for. I try to count my blessings everyday but sometimes I get caught up in life and forget about how lucky I truly am. So...today I am thankful for:
1. My husband, Jesse. He has been a constant in my life for the past 12 years and I still get excited when I see that he's calling! He is my best friend and I look forward to coming home from work at night to tell him about the events of my day. He's a good listener and an even better father. He works hard to provide for us and is just an all-around good guy :)
2. Grayson. I didn't know how much one person could change your life until this little guy came into ours 4 years ago. He is so smart and creative and has the biggest imagination. He is so kind hearted and really cares about other people's feelings. He even loves to take care of his little sister - I hope that lasts!
3. Kendyl. What a funny little girl. At one year, I can already tell she is going to be a force to reckon with. I have always dreamed of having a little girl and she is better than I could have imagined! Just seeing her smile and wave at me brightens my day. She loves her big brother and already has such a sense of humor. I am definitely thankful for those two little monkeys! How boring my life would be without them!
4. My job. I have really been blessed to be in a position that suits me to a tee. God definitely had his hand in that. I have always had a heart for education but probably don't have the patience to be with kids all day long. And...I also love media, computers, PR, etc. So...working in a school district's public information office is just perfect for me. Plus, getting school holidays off with my family is an added bonus! I also work with some wonderful people and have an amazing boss who is so understanding.
5. My parents. After 30 years of marriage, they are still going strong. I have to say, I think they did a great job of raising my two sisters and me. My mom still takes care of me, and I know she is my biggest fan. I can't imagine where I would be without her. I love our Sunday dinners together (and watching Desperate Housewives afterward). I'm also thankful for my two sisters and my nephew, Jordan!
6. My friends. I have a great group of friends that are always there when I need them. It's great to know that no matter how hectic life can be, I have a group of girlfriends that are there to listen to me and help me unwind and destress!
7. My church group. I have an awesome church group that consists of 5 other couples (with children). We are all in the same life stage and it's nice to be connected to other couples that share the same Christian ideals. Our weekly meetings are so refreshing!!
8. My church. I love my church - Colonial. We have a great pastor and a great church family. I love going on Sunday mornings and really being able to apply each week's message to my life. I also know they are doing great things for my children and have an awesome outreach ministry for our community. And...on that note, I am thankful to live in a country where I have the freedom to go to church every Sunday and worship.
9. The people that take care of my children. Susan has been watching my children since they were born. She is "grandma" to them and loves them like they really are her own. She feeds them, bathes them, washes their clothes and most importantly, makes sure they are loved and taken care of. I am so lucky to have her looking after them. And...Mrs. Maxwell. She takes care of Grayson on MWF mornings at School for Little People. She has taught him so much over the last year and a half. He has a little problem with ADD but she is so patient and good with him.
As I have been writing this, I continue to thing of things that I am thankful for. If I kept typing them, I would be here all night - I have a place to go home to every night and shoes and clothes to wear. I've never had to go hungry. In fact, I have more than enough food to eat. I am healthy and my family is healthy. I'm not rich by any means but I know that my bills are going to be paid and I have a car to drive to work each day. I have a God that loves me despite my imperfections. Those are just a few of the things that I am thankful for this year. There are a lot of times that I find myself complaining about petty things. But...this Thanksgiving, I know that I truly am blessed and am thankful for that. I hope all of you are too!